Hi guys! It’s only a few days until AEE/AVN’s 2018 and each year it seems like more and more cam models are attending! If you’re going for the first time or maybe you’re just wanting a refresher you may be wondering what to pack. This post will have a packing list full of ideas for you to use but before you pack, it’s a good idea to consider three things:
- How long will you be away?
- What’s the weather going to be like?
- What activities will you be doing? What’s the purpose of your trip. Are you planning on camming from your hotel? The booth? Are you attending award shows, shooting videos or photos?
If you’re attending Vegas this year it will be chilly! Pack layers. The forecast right now says we’ll be seeing highs in the 50’s and 60’s but in the evenings it drops to 30’s.
How many clothes you’ll bring will depend on how long you’re staying. If you’re in an AirBnB or similar with laundry facilities remember you can wash things if needed. Pack laundry soap!
FORGOT SOMETHING? Before you rush out to buy pain killers, band aids or false eyelashes check with your camsite. I’m not sure about other sites but Myfreecams usually has pain killers, first aid, tampons etc available in their lounge in the hardrock. You can also run up to the CupcakeGirls suite – they’re really good at helping out if you’re having a bad day. Lots of booths have give aways for things like pasties and false eyelashes. Last year Myfreecams had a make up artist available & lots of make up items. Cupcakegirls can do your hair & make up. They also will have clothing available. Your hotel may have toiletries. They will also have a business center where you can print items you’ve forgotten.
TRAVEL FROM OUTSIDE THE US
If you are travelling from outside the US make sure you’ve checked your visa requirements. Most visitor visas and wiavers will not allow you to work in the US so make sure you’ve considered what you’ll tell border control. They can search your bags if they suspect you’re not being truthful and they can do things like reading your private documents/journals or looking at your social media. And while camming is legal, border agents are not always trained to tell the difference between legal sex work and illegal sex work. Take precautions to make sure you won’t be suspected of escorting or working illegally and if you’re in any doubt check with a laywer.
PACKING IDEAS LIST:
- Medications. Make sure you have enough to last you. If you’re travelling internationally make sure you bring prescription information. Keep medications in labelled bottles.
- Shaving Cream
- Make up
- False eyelashes
- Make up bag that’s easy access
- Skin care products
- Make up remover
- Period supplies! Tampons, Cups. Sponges if you use them for penetration (See this tip for info)
- Wet wipes
- Body wash/soap & shower gear
- Hair ties, headbands, bobby pins etc
- Hair products – hairspray, leave in conditioner etc.
- Body glitter
- Self tanning creams
- Hair straighteners. Most hotels will have a blow drier but you should double check
- Hand sanitizer. It is flu season! Bring this and USE IT!
- Suppliments. AVN flu is a real thing. Start boosting your immune system NOW. Zinc, vitamin C, Vitamin B complex are all good.
- Lip balm. Vegas is dry and cold and chapped lips aren’t sexy!
- Moisturizer. If you’re not used to a dry climate vegas will parch you.
- Contacts/Glasses + cleaning supplies etc.
- Eye drops
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Flossing tape (Keep this in your purse for meals)
- Dental care items (Retainer trays, whitening products, bite guards etc)
- Tweezers, Nail File & any nail care products.
- Painkillers. Pharmacies in the hardrock charge very high prices so bring these with you.
- Over the counter medications for things like Gas, indigestion, nausea, constipation/gas. You may not need these but if you do need them its great to have handy.
- Band aids + First aid stuff.
Your clothing choices will be largely determined by what you are planning to do and your personal & professional style. Here’s a basic list of things to consider. Make sure you have enough to last you for the time you’re staying.
- Party Dresses
- Award Show Dress
- “Every day clothes” – Think jeans, tshirts, yoga pants etc. Don’t forget work out gear if you’ll need it.
- Nice Pants or Skirts
- Bras (I separate these into ‘every day bras’ and ‘camming bras’)
- Special bras – Strapless, plunge bras etc.
- Underwear (Same thing, I have cute underwear for camming and basic underwear for other stuff)
- Socks (make sure they work with your shoes)
These will depend on what exactly you do so I’m going to provide a list of things to consider. The convention dress code seems to change each year, usually though Pasties are only allowed if you’re wearing something else on top (like a robe, fishnet top, cupless bra). You must keep your genitals covered at all time. It’s a good idea to bring layers. You can come dressed as conservatively or provocatively as you like. Don’t push yourself outside your comfort zone. If you have a lot of things, it can be helpful to choose a color scheme that way you pick items that will all work together.
- Fetish specific clothing (Domination gear, corsets, latex etc)
- Matching Bra/Panty sets
- Boob tubes, Bras, etc.
- Thongs & Panties
- Body stockings
- Cute Onesies
- Leg warmers or leg wraps
- Sexy tops
- Sexy dresses
- Sexy Skirts
- Sexy shorts
- Costumes & themed outfits
- Silly/Crazy outfits! Think Blow up dinosaur, sumo wrestler, etc.
- Garter belts
- Stockings or fishents
- Thigh high/knee high socks
- Accessories like belts, hats, glasses
- Garter to hold your phone (Suggested by @xxxFuukaxxx)
- Anything else you’ll need for planned shoots or shows.
- Boots (vegas is cold!)
You don’t need to bring toys. However if you’re a hardcore model and you’ll be shooting or camming make sure you have supplies with you. If you’ve planned videos or shows make a list of everything you’ll need for them. Here’s a sample list of toys that I bring when I am not sure what I’ll be doing but I know I’ll need stuff that can work for lots of different things.
- 1 or 2 realistic dildo options. Think size/skin color.
- Condoms (For non body safe toys)
- Glass or metal toys
- Remote controlled vibrators (Lush etc)
- Fetish gear: Nipple clamps, bondage equipment, rope, spankers,
- Strap on harness
- Consider other items like Fuck machines, sybians etc. If you need advice on flying with these items let me know!
- Jewelry options
- Sewing kit
- Dressy Purse for parties
- Regular purse/backpack
- Backpack or computer bag
- Items for members
- Clothing tape for dresses
- Colored tape to mark items as yours at the booth/busy shoots
- Markers to sign things
- Biz cards (you can make these next day at many places)
- Any forms you need for shooting. 2257, NDA, Model Releases Click here for a run down. THESE ARE IMPORTANT
- STI test results
- Wallet with ID, Debit/Credit cards, Cash (including 1s for tips)
- Marketing or promotional products (Click here for some ideas)
- Raffle tickets & any other specifc camming items you need
- Pens & notebook or paper
- Plastic bags/baggies are always helpful to have to organize stuff
- Any items you need for any other activities (show tickets, sightseeing etc)
- Self defence stuff. Consider a tazer or pepper spray. Check airport rules – some things can come in checked bags, some things cannot.
- Something to put reciepts in. Your travel expenses are all tax deductible. Track them!! I use a little zip up bag I keep in my purse. Write on the reciepts what each thing is, throw them in the bag and sort it out when you get home.
This stuff is possibly the most important because if you forget an item you often cannot get it replaced. Last year, MFC had really good internet available at the booth and they paid an upgrade charge for models staying in their room block so that they could have the best Hotel internet. That said, they never promise anything so it’s a good idea to bring a hotspot or make sure you can turn your phone into one if you need to use it. If anyone reading this can tell me what kind of internet is usually available at other cam site booths that would be great.
- Tech bag/Laptop case
- Video camera or DSLR + Charger. Don’t forget any lenses, special mics etc.
- USB extendors
- USB drives
- Memory cards
- Bluetooth wireless phone shutter remote
- Lighting equipment (Ring lights, umbrellas, bulbs (Pack very carefully!), stands)
- Tripods (make sure you don’t forget the connector thing)
- Laptop + Charger
- Webcam + a spare if you have one.
- Microphone. At the booth sound through webcam mics is awful. A small mic can be really helpful.
- Polaroid camear + film & batteries
- Internet hotspot + cables
- Bluetooth speaker
- Kindle/Tablets etc + chargers
- Phones (Phones are frequently snatched at cons. Make sure you utilize all security features)
- Phone chargers
- Charge packs. Your battery will die REALLY quickly – grab a couple of pre charged packs and bring them.
- Extention cord or power strip. Hotel rooms are not always set up for camming/lighting etc.
- Car charger if you’ll be going by road
It’s free to add. We’ll be posting resources, cam model interviews, tips & convention survival stuff. Also if you have convention questions you can send them there! I’ll also use it for any serious safety alerts (these will be sent directly to models, not members)It’s under CammodelExpress